Ways to Give
How To Make A Gift To Trinity-Pawling
Gifts by credit card:
- Use our secure online giving form
- Make your gift over the phone: call Janet Hubbard in the Advancement Office (845) 855-4830.
Please note, we accept Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
Gifts by check:
- Mail your check to Trinity-Pawling School: Trinity-Pawling School, Advancement Office, 700 Route 22, Pawling, NY 12564.
Gifts of Securities:
Securities, such as stock and bonds, can be used to make a charitable gift to Trinity-Pawling School. The gift valuation date for gifts of securities is the date the securities are deposited to Trinity-Pawling School’s account at M & T Securities and are thereby placed under the School’s control. The valuation of a gift of securities is calculated by averaging the high and low quoted selling prices for those securities as of the gift valuation date.
Your broker can transfer gifts of stock to Trinity-Pawling with the following information:
- Call M & T Securities (1-800-724-7788) to advise them of the type of stock and approximate value, including the name of the donor
- DTC #0443
- Trinity-Pawling Account Number: AZD-182392
- Trinity-Pawling School Tax ID Number: #14-1601551
- M & T Securities: 180 Route 22, Pawling, NY 12564
After your broker transfers the stock to M & T Securities, please notify Janet Hubbard in the Advancement Office by phone (845) 855-4830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the type of stock, approximate value, and intended designation.
Gifts through wire transfer:
If you plan to wire a gift, please contact Janet Hubbard in the Advancement Office by phone (860) 435-5705 or email email@example.com for instructions on how to wire a gift to Trinity-Pawling. Please note, the date of the gift is the date the cash is deposited in the School’s bank account.
If your company (currently employed or retired), your spouse’s company, or a corporate board that you are a member of has a matching gift program, getting your gift to Trinity-Pawling School matched is easy.
- Contact the company’s human resources department to see if you are eligible for a matching gift.
- Obtain forms from the company (often available on your company’s internal portal).
- Mail the completed forms to Trinity-Pawling School: Trinity-Pawling School, Advancement Office, 700 Route 22, Pawling, NY 12564.
IRA Charitable Rollover:
On December 18, 2015, the President signed the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes Act of 2015, which includes a permanent extension of the IRA charitable rollover provision. Donors 70½ or older are eligible to move up to $100,000 from their IRAs directly to qualified charities without having to pay income tax on the money.
Here are the IRA charitable rollover rules. You can make a direct transfer if:
- You are age 70½ or older on the day of the gift.
- You transfer up to $100,000 directly from the donor’s IRA to one or more qualified charities. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not to other types of retirement plans.
- You do not receive any goods or services in return for the rollover gift in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
- The gift needs to be made by Dec. 31, 2016, for the gift to qualify this year.
In order to complete an IRA Charitable Rollover for 2016, please contact your IRA provider for exact instructions.
For income tax purposes Trinity-Pawling School Tax ID Number: #14-1601551