Trinity-Pawling’s lacrosse program is designed to prepare our student-athletes for the rigors of college and beyond. Consistent meetings and an ongoing dialogue with the coaching staff help to ensure that each boy is reaching his academic, athletic, and personal potential. On all levels, Pride lacrosse players are prepared to move into the college ranks as well-prepared students, athletes, and men of honor.
Each year, the Pride watches their senior lacrosse players matriculate to some of the best colleges and universities in the country, where they are able to continue their athletic careers. Sixty Trinity-Pawling student-athletes have moved on to top NCAA Division I, II, and III levels of college lacrosse in the past five years. Signature wins for the Pride came against Deerfield, Army Prep, Avon Old Farms, Choate Rosemary Hall, Westminster, Loomis Chaffee, and Hotchkiss. The Pride finished the 2016 season ranked in the top ten of USA Today’s High School Sports Ranking (New England). The team has had nine players named to the All-Founders League and All-Western New England teams.
Trinity-Pawling’s lacrosse program ranks among the top prep school programs in New England. The Pride competes in one of the top athletic leagues in the country: New England West Division I and the Founders League. Each season begins with an annual trip to Florida to test the Pride against some of the area's most vaunted programs before moving into competition against familiar New England rivals.
- David N. Coratti Field: Home of Trinity-Pawling lacrosse. Coratti Field is one of the top playing turf venues in New England. Lacrosse players at Trinity-Pawling also have access to a full weight lifting program, film analysis (Playsight), and opponent scout study.
- Smith Field House: Opened in 2017
- Schreiber Weight Room: Renovated in 2014
- Pride Locker Room: Renovated in 2013
Questions about the Trinity-Pawling lacrosse program? Contact Head Coach Andrew Kirkaldy.
Varsity Lacrosse Coaches
About the Coaches
- Head Coach Andrew Kirkaldy joined Trinity-Pawling in 2017. Coach Kirkaldy played for the Nanaimo Timberman of the Western Lacrosse Association. He then followed his dream to play NCAA lacrosse and played with the Gordon College Fighting Scots from 2006 to 2010. Coach Kirkaldy also played for the Boston Rockhoppers of the NALL before moving to a coaching position with Gordon College. He was named Merrimack Valley Conference Coach of the Year in 2012. He also serves as Associate Director of Admission.
- Assistant Coach Taylor Pirie is a graduate of Middlebury College where he was a four-year member of the varsity lacrosse team. Pirie teaches Economics and Mathematics and coaches soccer at the School.
- Assistant Coach Christopher Gillman ’05 rejoined the Pride in 2011. Gillman captained the 2009 Western New England University hockey team. He is Dean of the Senior Class, coaches hockey, and teaches English.
Trinity-Pawling lacrosse has a rich tradition surrounded by brotherhood, character, and competition. As a team we do our best every day to bring home the win. However, our staff also remembers that we are coaching and mentoring young men. We use lacrosse to teach the life skills vital for our boys to succeed off the field: teamwork, discipline, respect, leadership, dealing with adversity, the joy of victory, and more. Our staff ensures we are holding true to a rich tradition put in place by so many before us. We guide our student-athletes through positive leadership and guidance.
Pride Lacrosse Coaching Staff