The philosophy of the squash program at Trinity-Pawling is to encourage players of all abilities to become better squash players. The program aims to improve each student-athlete's athletic and mental understandings of the game, along with becoming better team members. In doing so, we compete against some of the best programs in the country. Opponents include the Taft School, Brunswick Academy, Hotchkiss, Choate Rosemary Hall, and Avon Old Farms Academy. Graduates of the Trinity-Pawling squash program have gone on to play at some of the most competitive college-level squash programs including: Dickinson, Hobart, George Washington, Trinity, Franklin & Marshall, and the Naval Academy.
- Rock Squash Courts: Home of Trinity-Pawling Squash; 5 pristinely-maintained international courts, equipped with a state-of-the-art video capture and analysis system (Playsight)
- Smith Field House: Opened in 2017; Includes state-of-the-art conditioning equipment that is integrated into the squash training regime to improve overall fitness
- Schreiber Weight Room: Renovated in 2014
- Pride Locker Room: Renovated in 2013
Questions about the Trinity-Pawling squash program? Contact Head Coach Frank Fritts.
Varsity Squash Coaches
About The Coaches
- Varsity Head Coach Frank Fritts has coached at Trinity-Pawling for 9 years. Previously, he worked with the girls squash program at Milton Academy. He played squash at Haverford College, where he was a co-captain of their varsity program. Frank has years of experience coaching various levels of soccer and lacrosse. He teaches in the History Department.
- JV Coach Ned Reade has been coaching squash for over forty years at Trinity-Pawling. He was the varsity coach for 37 years and has coached the JV team for the last six years. He played the old hard ball game in prep school and at Williams College and happily made the transition to the international game! Ned is the Chair of the Art Department.
- Thirds Coach Taylor Pirie has led the team since arriving at Trinity-Pawling in 2016. During the fall, he is the assistant coach for the varsity soccer team and during the spring, he is the assistant coach for the varsity lacrosse team. He teaches Math and Economics.
- Sam Clougher joined the Thirds coaching staff in 2018. Sam joined Trinity-Pawling as the varsity soccer coach in the fall of 2017 and has also coached JV tennis and basketball at the School. Sam takes over as the varsity tennis coach this coming spring.