Careers at Trinity-Pawling
Join the Trinity-Pawling community! At Trinity-Pawling, we are committed to the School’s mission to educate and instill a value system that prepares young men to be contributing members of society amidst the challenges of an ever-changing world. Our work environment is one that values character traits such as perseverance, effort, zest, resiliency, global-awareness, will power, and learned optimism. The holistic, student-centered nature of the Trinity-Pawling community is committed to prepare students for the 21st century and lifelong learning — we invite you to join us!
About the Position
Trinity-Pawling is seeking a Department Chair to lead our Foreign Language Department who can also teach Spanish. This is a full-time position. Candidate will be responsible for teaching students who possess a wide range of abilities. He or she should be energetic, flexible, positive and should understand the developmental and cognitive needs of high school boys. He or she should be committed to creating and sustaining a collaborative and creative learning environment for the students.
In addition to teaching, the candidate will be responsible for full participation in our boarding school community with assignments in our residential, advising, and co-curricular programs (coaching 2-3 seasons or the equivalent).
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred), 5+ years of teaching experience, a proven ability to lead and mentor faculty, and a clear understanding of differentiated instruction. He or she should be familiar with project based learning techniques.
In addition, the qualified candidate should be able to:
- integrate a thoughtful pedagogy that aligns with mission and vision of the School;
- inspire students with a sense of humor, flexibility, high energy, and collegiality;
- coach athletics or lead an extracurricular activity (prior experience preferred)
- leverage technology to enhance instruction;
- communicate clearly, effectively, and compassionately (orally and in writing) with students, parents and colleagues;
- motivate teenagers: (the over and the underachiever, the super-focused and the unfocused, the gifted and the learning disabled);
- demonstrate a clear interest in being part of a community that is committed to diversity and inclusion;
- establish and reinforce clear boundaries while being a positive role model for students;
- meet the physical demands which may include traveling on uneven terrain, climbing/descending stairs, standing for long periods of time, and carrying up to 50 pounds.
The School is eager to consider applications from applicants who identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in independent school communities.
How To Apply
To submit an application for this faculty position at Trinity-Pawling School, please send a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to Todd Hoffman, Dean of Faculty.
Please note: All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background check.
Open Staff Positions
There are no open staff positions at this time.
Trinity-Pawling School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status. Discrimination based on any of the above groups is strictly prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, transfer, training, leave of absence, and termination.
Questions? Reach Out!
For questions regarding our open FACULTY positions, please reach out to:
Dean of Faculty
For questions regarding our open STAFF positions, please reach out to:
Director of Human Resources