At Trinity-Pawling, we are committed to the School’s mission to educate and instill a value system that prepares young men to be contributing members of society amidst the challenges of an ever-changing world. Our work environment is one that values character traits such as perseverance, effort, zest, resiliency, global-awareness, will power, and learned optimism. The holistic, student-centered nature of the Trinity-Pawling community is committed to prepare students for the 21st century and lifelong learning – we invite you to join us!
Trinity-Pawling School is located on 230 acres overlooking the beautiful Hudson River Valley, just 60 miles north of New York City. Founded in 1907, Trinity-Pawling is an independent Episcopal school that is deeply grounded in its Episcopal tradition and welcomes and affirms all faith traditions in its community. The School offers boarding and day programs serving 300 boys in grades 7-12 and offers a postgraduate program.
The goal of a Trinity-Pawling education is to unlock the potential for greatness that exists in each boy. Inherent in the philosophy of Trinity-Pawling is the belief that, as children of God, we possess certain distinctive gifts and talents given to us by a loving God. The School community reflects this belief and teachers are committed to helping each boy discover their gifts and talents.
With 90% of faculty living on campus, students learn and grow in a close-knit community. Students are guided by teachers who are also their coaches and dorm parents, establishing strong faculty-student collaboration and providing for 24/7 learning. All Saints Chapel is the central meeting place for the Trinity-Pawling community, with worship and service being key components of our transformational learning environment.
Trinity-Pawling School seeks a collaborative, inspiring leader to serve as the School’s Chaplain commencing in the 2019-2020 school year. The Chaplain will have a wonderful opportunity to shape and strengthen the spiritual life of the Trinity-Pawling community.
The Trinity-Pawling Chaplain will partner with the Headmaster and other members of the administrative team to foster exceptional School experiences for our faculty, students, and parents. Upon joining the School community, a campus residence will be provided for the Chaplain.
Responsibilities of the Chaplain include, but are not limited to:
- Pastoral care for the School community
- Organization and leadership of three chapel services per week and one morning meeting
- Leadership of special worship services as scheduled throughout the school year
- Leadership and stewardship of a growing community service program
- Leadership role on the administrative team
- Leadership with service learning initiatives, which may include planning domestic or foreign student service-related field trips
- Religious academic instruction
- Coaching and/or student advising, as applicable
- Various assignments consistent with life in a boarding school community
The successful candidate:
- Will hold a Masters Degree in Divinity and/or Religion
- Will be an ordained priest, preferably in the Episcopal Church
- Will serve as a nurturing, collaborative, dynamic, and mindful leader, who will cultivate and sustain positive energy, cooperation, respect, and transparency among all constituencies
- Will serve as a trusted guide and positive role model for adolescent boys
- Will be a highly effective communicator and will demonstrate outstanding judgment and interpersonal skills
- Will possess a strong foundation of faith, spirituality, and religious knowledge
- Has prior experience with youth and/or school ministry
- Is insightful, intuitive, and observant, with the ability to recognize the potential in people and community
- Demonstrates humility and a sense of humor
Interested candidates should send a cover letter stating their interest in the position, accompanied by a resume, to Headmaster William W. Taylor, in care of Ms. Donna Bellini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trinity-Pawling School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status. Discrimination based on any of the above groups is strictly prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, transfer, training, leave of absence, and termination.