Careers at Trinity-Pawling
Join the Trinity-Pawling community! Trinity-Pawling School is a leading independent boys boarding school with a close knit community of 100 employees and 300 students. We are committed to the School’s mission to educate and instill a value system that prepares young men to be contributing members of society amidst the challenges of an ever-changing world. Our work environment is one that values character traits such as perseverance, effort, zest, resiliency, global-awareness, will power, and learned optimism. The holistic, student-centered nature of the Trinity-Pawling community is committed to prepare students for the 21st century and lifelong learning — we invite you to join us!
Open faculty Positions
There are no open staff positions at this time.
About the Position
Trinity-Pawling School is seeking a results-oriented individual with drive, initiative and excellent customer service skills to clean and maintain assigned buildings.
- Maintain and enhance the cleanliness and positive appearance of an assigned building or area according to department standards and schedules by:
- Sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming floors, steps, and surfaces;
- Cleaning and dusting furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, door trim, and other similar surfaces;
- Washing, polishing and maintaining windows, blinds, doors, mirrors, walls, and other similar glass, metal, and wood surfaces
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, weight room and cardio equipment
- Emptying waste containers, and pick up and dispose of interior trash, litter, and other similar debris.
- Ensuring supplies are maintained by checking and restocking materials as needed, and notifying the supervisor when stock runs lows.
- Perform “deep cleaning” projects (floor stripping, shampooing, and waxing, cleaning hard to reach fixtures and surfaces, etc.) on a scheduled basis.
- Optimize special events by “setting up” and “tearing down” according to event needs, schedules, and standards. Tasks may include setting up and removing furniture, tables, chairs other similar items.
- Secure buildings and events by patrolling the facility to correct and report unsafe conditions/hazards (unlocked doors, blocked exits, mechanical problems, unauthorized people) and reporting incidents or suspicious activities to the Director of Facilities.
- Ensure visitors and guests of the Field House receive the highest customer service by greeting all who enter the facility in a warm, friendly, professional manner, resolve problems and respond to emergencies as appropriate.
- Promote the interest of students by being a good role model, establishing and reinforcing clear boundaries; encouraging students’ autonomy and independence and acting in a transparent manner.
Must be at least 18 years old and able to read, write, and follow instructions. Prior experience as a school custodian and/or working with strippers, buffers and cleaning chemicals a plus.
Hours: 2:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The qualified candidate must be able to:
- Deliver excellent results with little or no direction
- Interact with all members of the community with a friendly and professional manner
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and odor control in the work area
- Use cleaning chemicals and work safely
- Use an auto scrubber, upright vacuum and vacpack
- Work collaboratively as a team as well as independently
- Adhere to the work schedule based on the needs of the operation and be able to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Lift, carry, push, pull up to 75 pounds as well as climb stairs and traverse on uneven surfaces
Trinity-Pawling School offers all full-time employees a comprehensive benefit plan which includes medical, dental, retirement ,and paid time off as well as the use of our state-of-the-art facilities.
Trinity-Pawling School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability or veteran status. Discrimination based on any of the above groups is strictly prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, transfer, training, leave of absence, and termination.
Questions? Reach Out!
For questions regarding our open FACULTY positions, please reach out to:
Dean of Faculty
For questions regarding our open STAFF positions, please reach out to:
Director of Human Resources