Frequently Asked Questions
Updated August 21, 2020
We understand that many questions and concerns will arise as we prepare to reopen Trinity-Pawling School for the 2020 Fall Term. We will continue to add to this evolving list of frequently asked questions to assist our students and parents with the transition.
Parents, if you have a specific question or concern that is not yet addressed in the FAQs below, please submit your question via the COVID-19 / Reopening School Inquiries Form in the Parent Portal. A member of the Trinity-Pawling Reopening Task Force will reach out with an answer as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding!
- Do all students need to have a negative COVID-19 test before returning to campus?
- What about parents dropping their boarding students off? Do they need to have a negative COVID-19 test before arriving on campus?
- Are you planning staggered move-in days to minimize contact?
- Will students need to bring their own school supplies?
- What are the health and safety guidelines school is planning to have after reopening?
- How will students learn about the health and safety protocols and what’s expected of them on campus during the pandemic?
- Why is the flu shot mandatory for all students and faculty for the 2020-2021 school year?
- Can you explain your policy for quarantine and isolation?
- How will the on-campus quarantine work, if a student is required to do so?
- If a COVID-19 case should occur after reopening, is there sufficient isolation?
- How will Trinity-Pawling support the social and emotional well being of the students?
- I need help uploading my son’s health forms to the Magnus Health Portal. Can I get assistance?
- I’d like to speak to one of the nurses prior to move-in day. How can I schedule a virtual appointment?
- What is the academic plan for students who are unable to return to campus due to COVID-19 or travel restrictions?
- How will grading be different if students are participating remotely?
- Are students and teachers required to wear masks during class?
- Will students be supplied with masks?
- What if my son wants to be a remote learner for the whole year?
- Does my son need a specific computer and/or device for the school year?
- Will athletic practices and competitions take place in the Fall 2020?
- In the absence of athletics, what programs will be offered for physical activity?
- What is the wellness plan in place now that sports cannot take place this fall?
- How will the arts and extra-curricular activities be impacted?
- How will Choir be conducted to minimize potential covid exposure?
- For international students who cannot return, how will their learning be different?
- What are the quarantine guidelines for both international and state-to-state domestic students?
- I am an international student. Who can I contact with concerns about travel, etc?
- What if I can’t get my visa or there are travel restrictions that prevent me from getting to campus?