Study Skills Seminar
Effective Study Skills is a seminar designed to enhance organizational and study skills; the program is offered in the evening and is designed to help our boys become more efficient learners and encourage them to improve their organization.
We are proud of the commitment we make to our boys. Since its inception, the seminar has significantly reduced the number of new students on Academic Probation, while at the same time enabling the boys to quickly acclimate and focus on their academics. The Study Skills Seminar builds the foundation for achieving goals, and ultimately gives our boys a head start on success.
At the core of the curriculum are the development of study skills and the enhancement of academic skills. Topics in the curriculum include, but are not limited to:
- Time management, supplies and organization
- Goal Setting
- T-P Effort System and Honor Code and Ethics
- Effective use of T-P portal and email system
- A library introduction with emphasis on Noodletools
- Proactive reading strategies
- Note taking, marking and Inspiration (computer note program)
- Homework environment and studying tips
- Test taking preparation and test taking strategies
- Essay construction