BUILDING SERVICES TEAM MEMBER
Trinity-Pawling School is currently seeking a Building Services Team Member (School Custodian) to help us maintain a clean, comfortable, and inviting environment for our school community.
Trinity-Pawling, a leading boarding schools, is a close knit community with 100 employees and 300 students. Our activities and efforts are focused on our mission which is to educate and instill a value system that prepares young men to be contributing members of society amidst the challenges of the ever challenging world.
- Creates a sanitary environment by disinfecting and cleaning surfaces and restrooms.
- Completes general cleanings of floors, walls, windows, blinds, carpets and furniture as well as trash removal.
- Mops, sweeps, and vacuums floors with auto scrubber, upright vacuum or vacpac.
- Ensures safe conditions for self, students and employees by following all safety rules, using PPE, abating hazards/spills in a timely manner, submitting maintenance requests and properly using equipment.
- Prepares the school for special events by working extra hours as needed, performing set-up/clean-up duties, sharing information and resources and meeting deadlines.
- Promote the interest of students by being a good role model, establishing and reinforcing clear boundaries; encouraging students’ autonomy and independence and acting in a transparent manner.
- Must be at least 18 years old and able to read, write, and follow instructions. Prior experience as as a school custodian and/or or working with buffers and cleaning chemicals a plus.
The qualified candidate must be able to:
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and odor control in work area.
- Use cleaning chemicals and work safely.
- Work collaboratively as a team as well as independently.
- Deliver excellent results with little or no direction.
- Report to work on-time and as scheduled.
- Work overtime as needed and accept assignments in the evening hours.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 pounds as well as climb stairs and traverse on uneven surfaces.
Trinity-Pawling offers all full-time employees a comprehensive benefit plan which includes medical, dental, retirement and paid time off as well as the use of our world class facilities.