UPPER SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER, GRADES 9-12
Trinity-Pawling is seeking an Upper School English Teacher, grades 9-12. The full-time position will teach to a wide range of abilities; candidate should understand the developmental and cognitive needs of high school boys. Candidate should be energetic and flexible. He or she should be committed to creating and sustaining a collaborative and creative learning environment for the students. Dorm coverage and coaching required.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s Degree in English or related area preferred
- 2-4 years teaching experience preferred
- Experience with project-based learning preferred
- Clear understanding of differentiated instruction
- Effective oral and written communication with parents
- Commitment to School’s mission, School community involvement, and professional development
- Healthy sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Experience coaching and/or leading an extra-curricular activity preferred
- Experience using technology to enhance instruction preferred
- A clear interest in being part of a community that is committed to diversity and inclusion
To submit an application for the Mandarin Teacher position at Trinity-Pawling School, please send a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to Todd Hoffman, Dean of Faculty.